|Advisory: Hip-Hop and American Politics|
September 24, 2009
WASHINGTON, D.C. – Congressman André Carson will host a break-out session this Friday entitled “Hip-Hop’s Impact on the American Political Landscape” at this year’s Congressional Black Caucus Annual Legislative Caucus (ALC).
The forum will focus on
When: September 25, 10:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. EST
Guests appearing with Congressman Carson include:
· President of the Hip-Hop Caucus Reverend Lennox Yearwood,
· Actor and Comedian Mike Epps
· Terrence J of BET’s 106 and Park
· Television and radio personality Darius “Big Tigger” Morgan
· Congresswoman Donna Edwards (D-MD).
The event will begin with a panel discussion, moderated by Big Tigger, focusing on the emergence of hip-hop culture in American politics and its influence over recent political events. The panel will then take questions from the audience.
TAX ASSISTANCE INFORMATION