August 23, 2010
Carson Job fair to Feature More Than 2,100 Jobs
INDIANAPOLIS - More than 80 employers-representing over 2,100 available jobs-will set up shop at Wednesday's Central Indiana Job Fair hosted by Congressman André Carson in cooperation with Ivy Tech Community College. The event will offer an opportunity for Hoosier jobseekers to speak in person with a diverse group of companies from various sectors across the economic spectrum.
WHAT: Central Indiana Job Fair
WHEN: Wed., August 25, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
WHERE: IUPUI's Campus Center, 3rd Floor
420 University Blvd
(Corner of Michigan St. and University Blvd.)
"Despite our economic challenges, this job fair offers a clear sign that we have companies looking to invest and grow here in Central Indiana," said Congressman Carson. "Wednesday presents a tremendous opportunity to link these resilient businesses with members of our talented workforce, who are weathering this economic storm in an effort to get back on the job."
Carson pointed out that there should be competitive opportunities for all attendees, from those with GEDs to jobseekers who hold post graduate degrees.
"We've designed this fair to meet the need of Hoosiers from across the broad socio-economic spectrum," Carson said.
Carson also pointed out that companies who hire currently unemployed workers could qualify for a number of tax breaks under the recently-passed HIRE Act. The HIRE Act exempts employers from paying their 6.2 percent share of the Social Security payroll tax for the remainder of 2010 for eligible new hires and provides a $1,000 tax credit to employers if they retain new workers for 52 weeks. Recent data shows that Indiana companies are among the top ten in hiring previously jobless workers.
Job seekers looking for more information on the Aug. 25 job fair can call 317-921-4539 or visit www.ivytech.edu/carsonjobfair.
Companies Participating in the Central Indiana Job Fair:
1. 1040 Tax Biz
2. A+ Images Inc.
5. AIT Laboratories
6. Allison Transmission
7. American Income Life
9. Apex Precision Technologies
10. Bona Vista Programs
11. Brightpoint-North America
12. Caregivers Inc
13. Central Indiana Men in Business
14. Charles Schwab
15. Citizens Energy Group
16. City of Indianapolis and Marion County
17. Comcast Spotlight
18. Community Health Network
19. Companion Care Company
20. Cook Pharmica
21. Cornerstone Associates LLC
22. Cripe Architects & Engineers
23. DeVry University
24. Disposal Alternatives Organization
25. Diverse Staffing
26. Express Employment Professionals
27. Farmers Insurance District 95
28. Fed Ex Ground
29. Federal Bureau of Investigation
30. Forum Credit Union
31. Franklin Township Community School Corp
32. Freije Treatment Systems
33. Garcia Construction Group
34. H & R Block
35. Harrison College
36. Health & Hospital Corp
38. Indiana Tech
39. Indiana University-Purdue University
40. Indiana Wesleyan University
41. Indianapolis Housing Agency
42. Indianapolis Power & Light Company
43. Indianapolis Public Transportation Corp./ IndyGo
44. Ivy Tech Community College
45. Job Seekers Support Group
46. Kelly Services Inc.
48. Lincoln College of Technology
49. Marian University, Marian's Adult Programs
50. Marion County Sheriff's Dept.
51. Martin University
52. Med Shield, Inc.
53. Mitchel & Scott Machine Company
54. National College
55. Perpetual Technologies, Inc
56. Pinnacle Staffing
57. Primerica Financial Services
58. Pro Resources Staffing
59. Professional Management Enterprises, Inc.
60. Public Allies
61. Raytheon Technical Services Company
62. Redcats USA
64. Ricker Oil Company, Inc.
65. RL Carter Trucking, Inc
66. Royal United Mortgage
67. Securitas Security Services
68. Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre
69. Shiel Sexton
70. Spartan Staffing
71. Speedway SuperAmerica
72. St. Francis Hospital
73. St. Paul Hermitage & Benedict Inn Retreat & Conference Center
76. The Art Institute of Indianapolis
77. The Children's Museum of Indianapolis
78. United States Postal Service
79. Universal American
80. University Heights Health & Living
81. University of Phoenix-Indianapolis Campus
84. WellPoint, Inc.
85. Westpoint Financial Group/Mass Mutual
86. Westview Hospital
87. Wishard Health Services