WHAT REFORM MEANS FOR THE PEOPLE OF THE 7TH DISTRICT
In the 7th district of Indiana, the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act will:
• Improve employer-based coverage for 344,000 residents.
• Provide credits to help pay for coverage for up to 201,000 households.
• Improve Medicare for 89,000 beneficiaries, including closing the prescription drug donut hole for 6,400 seniors.
• Allow 18,600 small businesses to obtain affordable health care coverage and provide tax credits to help reduce health insurance costs for up to 15,500 small businesses.
• Provide coverage for 81,000 uninsured residents.
• Protect up to 2,400 families from bankruptcy due to unaffordable health care costs.
• Reduce the cost of uncompensated care for hospitals and health care providers by $274 million.