Register to Vote
Register to Vote
The Constitution guarantees the right of every American over the age of 18 to voice their opinions through the election process. In order to exercise this right in the State of Indiana, you must first complete a voter registration form.
The following information was taken directly from the Indiana Secretary of State’s website and is provided for your benefit.
You have the right to vote in Indiana if:
- You are both a U.S. citizen and a resident of Indiana; and
- You will be at least 18 years of age on or before the next General or Municipal Election, and
- You are not currently in prison after being convicted of a crime; and
- You have lived in the precinct where you vote for at least 30 days prior to the election; and
- You are registered to vote.
To register to vote or update your current registration you will need to complete and return the Voter Registration Form (VRG-7) 29 days prior to a Primary or General Election.
Use this form to:
- Apply to register to vote in Indiana or
- Change your name and address on your voter registration record
Return the completed form to your county’s voter registration office or the Indiana Election Division according to the registration deadline requirements. You can also apply in person at the voter registration or county clerk’s office, any DMV license branch or public assistance office.
Once your voter registration application is received, your county voter registration office will process the application and determine your eligibility. If you are eligible, the county office will send you a voter registration acknowledgment card. Once you receive that card, you will be officially registered. If you are not eligible, or if the application was incomplete, you will receive a notice denying the application or requesting the missing information. If you have not received a voter registration card or a notice from your county within about 30 days, call your county voter registration office. You can check your voter registration and polling location at anytime at https://www.indianavoters.com/ or by calling 1-866-IN-1-VOTE.
To cancel your voter registration use the Voter Registration Cancellation (VRG-14) form:
VRG-14: Voter Registration Cancellation Form