Mobile Menu - OpenMobile Menu - Closed

Congressman Andre Carson

Representing the 7th District of INDIANA


Have you filed your taxes?

Apr 10, 2018









Forward to a Friend

Upcoming Events:

Office Hours in Your Neighborhood

Hoosier Veterans Assistance
964 N Pennsylvania Street
Indianapolis, IN 46204

Thursday, April 19, 2018
12:00pm - 2:00pm


April 10, 2018 

Dear Friend,

The deadline to file your taxes is rapidly approaching. This year, Tax Day is Tuesday, April 17. If you haven't filed yet, or need assistance filing, below are some helpful resources to help you save time and money. 

  • The IRS' "Free File" program allows taxpayers earning less than $66,000 to file online for free, and offers free fillable forms for all taxpayers. 
  • Free, in-person counseling is available to qualifying taxpayers: the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) is available to anyone earning less than $54,000 a year and the Tax Counseling for the Elderly (TCE) service is available for people aged 60 and above. Click here to find a VITA or TCE site near you. 
  • IRS assistance is available by visiting 24 hours a day, 7 days a weekTelephone assistance is available Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. by calling toll-free 1-800-829-1040.
  • Check the status of your refund be visiting the IRS' "Where's My Refund?" website. Be sure to have your Social Security number, filing status, and exact refund amount available to locate your refund. Updates are made daily, and available 24 hours after e-filing

As always, if you have any questions or need help with a federal agency, feel free to contact my office at 317-283-6516. 

Please continue to share your concerns and insights with me by contacting my office or connecting with me on Facebook and Twitter



Your friend,



Washington, DC Office
2135 Rayburn
House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515
phone: 202-225-4011
fax: 202-225-5633

Indianapolis Office
300 E Fall Creek Pkwy. N. Dr.
Suite 300
Indianapolis, IN 46205
phone: 317-283-6516
fax: 317-283-6567