Youth Opportunities Fair
When: Monday, March 16, 2020 12pm - 7pm
Where: Indianapolis Central Library, 40 E St Clair St, Indianapolis, IN 46204
Download the flyer here
What is the Youth Opportunities Fair?
I’m excited to once again host my Youth Opportunities Fair, which will be held on Monday, March 16, 2020 at the Indianapolis Central Library from 12 pm to 7 pm. The event presents students and parents with a variety of year-round and summer employment, internship, volunteer and service opportunities for youth of all ages. It is free to attend, and no registration is required.
- Non-working Youth: Participants under the working age of 14 can connect with local service providers offering summer and year-round programs, as well as volunteer opportunities designed for young people of all ages.
- Working Youth: Teens and young adults can connect with job, internship, and volunteer opportunities. Professional volunteers will also provide learning sessions on interviewing skills, resume review, and post-fair tips to follow up with employers.
Schools and afterschool groups:
Groups are encouraged to contact Kathy Souchet-Downey (317-283-6516 or email@example.com) to make the most of your visit.
Participant Tips for Success:
- Before the Fair:
- Create and make copies of your resume.
- Dress to impress to make a good first impression.
- Bring a pen and paper to take notes.
- Practice what you will say if an employer asks: “Tell me about yourself?”
- At the Fair:
- Talk with as many organizations as you can and get business cards for follow up.
- Smile, make eye contact, and shake hands when approaching an organization.
- Take notes on the organizations that most interest you.
- Get help with resume, interviewing skills, and post-fair tips.
- Register with organizers to stay in touch about future events.
- After the Fair:
- Follow up with the organizations that most interest you.
The application period for exhibitors is closed. If you would like to be placed on a waiting list, feel free to contact Kathy Souchet-Downey (firstname.lastname@example.org or 317-283-6516).